Terms and conditions
General Rental Terms and Conditions
Article 1. Terms
- Owner; Sloep & Meer in Kortgene, part of Van der Vlies Nautic in Goes.
- Tenant; the person with whom the lessor has concluded the rental agreement, with a minimum age of 18 years.
- Rental agreement; agreement between the lessor and the lessee for the rental of a vessel.
- Insurance; Third party liability insurance and hull insurance taken out with Unigarant Verzekeringen. The policy conditions (WSP302) of this company are valid for the rental of the vessels. The conditions and associated clauses are available for inspection at the lessor. It is not allowed to sail on waters that are indicated on the water chart as being prohibited for mechanically propelled boats and at wind force 6 or higher.
- Deposit: amount equal to the excess (€250,- to €500,-) of the third party liability insurance and hull insurance per event, or otherwise if stated to be paid by the lessee to the lessor when taking over the craft.
Article 2. Obligations of the lessee
- Before sailing, both parties must sign the agreement for approval.
- The lessee is obliged to provide the lessor with valid identification when picking up the vessel. The lessor will make a copy.
- The lessee must use the hired vessel personally for the duration of the agreement. The lessee is not allowed to rent out or lease the vessel without written permission in advance from the lessor.
- The deposit must always be paid in advance to the lessor, as well as the other rental costs.
- During the rental period, the lessee is responsible for the correct use of the vessel and for regularly checking and, if necessary, securing the vessel, engine and inventory. At the end of the rental period, the lessee shall hand over the vessel to the lessor at the agreed time and place and in the same condition as he or she received it.
- Costs that are directly related to the use of the vessel, such as harbour, bridge, quay, lock and mooring dues, fines etc. are for the account of the lessee.
- The lessee requires permission from the lessor for repairs to be carried out. The lessor shall compensate the lessee for the repair costs if specified invoices are provided.
- The lessee must inform the lessor as soon as possible of any damage of any nature whatsoever, or of facts and/or circumstances that could reasonably lead to damage.
- The lessee is obliged to return the vessel in a clean condition. If this obligation is not met, cleaning costs will be charged, with a minimum of € 35.00 (incl. VAT).
- The lessee must comply with the lessor’s instructions to preserve the vessel and to safeguard the rights of the lessor. Failure to comply with this provision may result in the lessee’s full liability for damage and costs, including loss of earnings.
- If necessary, the lessee must fill the vessel with suitable fuel. Damage caused by incorrect fuel shall be at the expense of the lessee.
- The lessee is not permitted to use the vessel for competitions based on speed or agility.
- By signing the rental agreement or making an online reservation, the lessee agrees that a copy of his/her identity document will be made. This copy will be destroyed within 2 weeks after the rental period, unless required by insurance, police, justice or other authorities.
- By signing the rental agreement or booking a vessel online, the lessee declares to agree to these general terms and conditions.
Article 3. Obligations of the lessor
- At the start of the rental period, the lessor shall hand over the vessel to the lessee. The lessor shall ensure that the vessel is in good condition and can be used for the purpose for which it is intended.
- The lessor is obliged to insure the craft on behalf of the lessee against third-party liability and hull damage for sailing in the sailing area agreed between the lessor and the lessee.
- The costs for normal maintenance and repair of defects shall be borne by the lessor.
- The lessor will refund the deposit (after deduction of any costs or damage still to be settled) to the lessee within 72 hours of the end of the rental period, provided that the damage amount is known. If in case of damage or loss the costs are not known, they must first be determined by a repair company or expert. After these costs have been determined, any remaining amount will be refunded.
- The deposit (after deduction of any costs or damage still to be settled) will be refunded in the same way as paid by the tenant. After the refund has been made by the lessor, it is up to the banks and credit card companies to process this order. The lessor has no influence on the duration and speed of this and is not liable for this.
Article 4. Cancellation
- In the event of cancellation by the lessee up to 48 hours before the start of the rental period, you will owe 50% of the total rental sum. Changing to another date or time (if available) is free of charge.
- If the lessee cancels within 48 hours before the start of the rental period, the full rental price is due.
- In case of a no-show (failure of the tenant to comply with the reservation), the total rent will be charged. In case one makes use of a voucher, the value of this voucher will be cancelled. The gift voucher/voucher will then be considered as used.
- In case of a rental period of half a day or full day, a free change of date in case of bad weather (code orange or higher, wind force 6 or higher in the cruising area) applies until 2 hours before the start of the rental period. Bad weather during the rental period is not covered by the cancellation conditions and will therefore not result in a refund.
- The lessor is at all times entitled to unilaterally terminate the rental agreement and cancel the reservation. We are not liable for any costs incurred by the lessee.
Article 5. Liability
- The lessee is obliged to take appropriate measures to prevent and limit damage to and theft of the vessel and any associated hired accessories.
- The lessee is liable for damage to and/or loss of the vessel and any associated leased accessories, insofar as not covered by the insurance, arising during the time that he has the vessel in sight. Damage also includes consequential damage.
- The lessor is not liable for personal injury or damage to property of the lessee and other persons on board, or embezzlement of this property.
- The excess for damage to the vessel per event is € 250.00 to € 500.00. In case of damage this will lead to the deduction of the deposit. In the event of more than one event, the lessee can be held liable for the excess per event. If the damage is recoverable from the other party then the damage form – completed and signed by both parties – will be processed.
- Loss of attributes, such as fenders, life jackets, anchor, cushions, etc., of the vessel will have to be compensated by the lessee on the spot.
Article 6. Malpractice
- The lessor may unilaterally terminate the rental agreement at any time during the rental period, without having to refund all or part of the rental sum when:
a. The weather conditions require this (wind force 6 or higher, thunderstorms, torrential rain, etc.).
b. The lessee does not comply with the rental conditions, sailing regulations or the law.
c. The lessee is under the influence of alcohol, drugs or causes nuisance.
d. The lessee does not appear to be able to safely steer a vessel.
All this at the discretion of the lessor.
- If the craft is handed over at a later time than the agreed time at the agreed location, the lessor is entitled to an additional rent of € 25.00 per quarter of an hour and to compensation for further (consequential) damage, unless the lessee can prove that the late return cannot be attributed to the lessee.
- If the lessee does not hand over the craft in the same condition in which he received it, or if he has not acted in accordance with article 5 of these terms and conditions, the lessor is entitled, at the expense of the lessee, to restore the craft to the condition in which it was at the start of the lease period.
- It is not permitted to occupy the vessel with more than the number of persons indicated by the lessor or to use the vessel other than intended by the lessor. If the lessor observes that more than the maximum number of persons are on board or that pets have been on board without permission, the full deposit will be withheld.
- The helmsman of the vessel must be sober at the time of steering the vessel and must not exceed the legally permitted promillage. If the lessor assesses that this is not the case, he shall immediately proceed to recover the vessel without any form of refund of the rent and deposit.